Sustainability and fair trading standards are at the heart of eka: We choose not to deal with China at any stage of the process due to Gilly’s personal political views. Every decision made for the company involves putting people and principles first before profit, a little more hard work is needed, but in the end Gilly feels eka needs to embody all of her personal principles and beliefs.
Auroville is a universal township with a population of around 2000 people from around the world.
The concept of Auroville – an ideal township devoted to an experiment in human unity – was an idea which had planted its seed in the head of the creator as early as the 1930s. In the mid 1960s the Sri Aurobindo Society in Pondicherry proposed to the creator that such a township should be started. She gave her blessings and work began. The concept was put before the Government of India, who gave their backing and took it to the General Assembly of UNESCO. In 1966 UNESCO passed a unanimous resolution commending it as a project of importance to the future of humanity, thereby giving their full encouragement.
The purpose of Auroville is to realise human unity – in diversity. Today Auroville is recognised as the first and only internationally endorsed ongoing experiment in human unity, also concerned with – and practically researching into – sustainable living and the future cultural, environmental, social and spiritual needs of mankind.
Working with Auroville has allowed eka to concentrate on creating collections of beautifully hand crafted accessories for people and homes that are at the cutting edge of trends with an added gift to the buyer of sustainability and social conscience.
We here at eka don’t think that ethical credentials should mean that style, design or luxury are compromised- ‘GOOD’ fashion shouldn’t be boring, you should be able to indulge yourself buying handmade, gorgeous accessories that you love and the fact that it has been created ethically should be an added gift from us.
We all love buying with our hearts. With eka, style and quality are valued over disposability and we know that fashion won’t sell on principles alone, it needs to be truly lovely.
Information I Collect- To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It- I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
Information I Collect-
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It-
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list; as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Your Rights-If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Gillian Seagrave, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
EKA, Hill View, Bilberry End, Hadstock, Cambridge, CB21 4PE, UK.